| Matthew H. Hagen - Judge || |
8046 Main Street
Houma, Louisiana 70360
COVID-19 Prevention Protocol:
In order to minimize the risk of exposure and infection of the COVID-19 virus, and protect the health and safety of court personnel, litigants and the public at large, the following protocols are being enforced at the courthouse:
1. All individuals seeking entry into the courthouse must submit to a temperature scan and answer the following questions:
A. In the past 14 days:
i) Have you had a temperature of 100°F or greater?
ii) Have you been fever-free without the assistance of a fever reducer, i.e. Tylenol?
iii) Have you experienced a new or worsening cough or sore throat?
B. Have you experienced shortness of breath or chills in the last 48 hours?
2. In addtion, individuals currently under quarantine due to exposure to COVID-19 or who have tested positive for COVID-19 within the last two weeks should not come to court, but should call the numbers below to discuss what accomodations can be made.
3. All individuals are required to wear a face mask or other covering extending over the nose and mouth and must keep it on at all times while in the courthouse. The court has masks available for those who do not have one.
4. If your temperature meets or exceeds 100 degrees Fahrenheit, or you exhibit signs and/or symptoms associated with COVID-19, you will be denied access to the courthouse.
If you are denied access to the courthouse, immediately contact the appropriate department listed below and receive further instructions.
Juvenile Department: (985) 873-6338
Criminal/Traffic Department: (985) 868-4361
Civil Department: (985) 873-6337
Latest Information Regarding Evictions:
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued an Agency Order entitled "Temporary Halt in Residential Evictions to Prevent the Further Spread of COVID-19." The Order prohibits all landlords from evicting certain qualified renters from residential property from September 4, 2020 through December 31, 2020. Note: This order has been extended until June 30, 2021. This Order is only a temporary moratorium and renters are still required to pay rent and follow other terms of their lease. Qualified renters may still be evicted for reasons other than not paying rent. Individuals who violate this Order may be subject to criminal charges.
In order to qualify for eviction protection, each adult member of a household must provide an executed copy of the Declaration form to their landlord.
Please click below to view and print out the Memo of Instruction and to view and print out a copy of the Declaration form:
Memo of Instruction to Landlords/Tenants
Tenant's Declaration to Temporarily Halt Eviction
City Court of Houma is open for regular business. Office hours are 8:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. All individuals entering the courthouse are required to wear masks, practice social distancing, and have their temperatures checked by the Deputy Marshal posted at the entry hallway.
The Civil Department is open for filing evictions, regular civil suits, and small claims. Individuals should call the Civil Department at 873-6337 for further instructions.
People are still encouraged to go to www.houmatix.com to see if they can pay their traffic ticket online.
Payments can also be made over the phone with a credit/debit card by calling the Misdemeanor/Traffic Department at 868-4361.
Phone payments for juvenile matters can be made to the Juvenile Department at 873-6338.
Individuals on a payment plan who have questions can call the Court Compliance Department at 873-6332/6335.
Our mission is to facilitate the administration of justice to the public by effectively and efficiently:
- In civil matters, resolving disputes.
- In criminal adult and juvenile matters:
- Determine guilt or innocence.
- Impose appropriate consequences.
- Facilitate change in behavior.
Public Records Request:
The custodian of public records at the City Court of Houma is the Clerk/Court Administrator. All requests for public records should be addressed to:
City Court of Houma
Attn: Doug Holloway, Clerk
8046 Main St.
Houma, LA 70360
|The information found on this website is made available as an informational public service by the City Court of Houma. Any references to organizations, commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, or otherwise, do not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement or recommendation by the City Court of Houma. |
Regarding documents available on this website, the City Court of Houma makes no warranty of, nor assumes any legal liability or responsibility for, the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information contained herein.